As municipalities take on a growing list of Smart Cities initiatives, such as the deployment of weather and traffic sensors, decorative lights and wireless hot spots, there’s often a new need for cost-effective solutions that can provide power to a variety of devices.
PowerTap (KPT170-XXX) by Interamatic helps utilities, municipalities and co-ops leverage existing light pole infrastructure to provide power to auxiliary devices without hard wiring into existing power feeds.
A cost-effective retrofit solution, the streetlight plug-in integrates with standard ANSI C136.41 7-pin receptacle connectors. It does not disturb the functionality of existing luminaires or control nodes. An available dusk-to-dawn model uses a photocontrol to power devices only during dark evening hours, simplifying lighting schedules while supporting a variety of important community applications.
Key Features and Benefits
- ANSI Compatibility – Plugs into standard ANSI C136.41 7-pin receptacle connectors located on top of the luminaire to provide ancillary power, accommodates 7-pin control nodes (standard locking-type photocontrols and wireless control nodes)
- Uninterrupted Functionality – Does not disturb the functionality of existing luminaires, photocontrols or control nodes attached to the pole
- Expanded Access – PowerTap allows municipalities, co-ops and utilities to easily leverage light pole infrastructure to provide power to additional devices (i.e., smart sensors, cameras, etc.) at the pole
- Simple Installation – An easy retrofit solution, PowerTap can be secured to most luminaires in minutes without hardwiring into an existing power feed or disrupting photocontrol functionality
- Dusk-to-Dawn Control – KPT1170 PowerTap models include a photocontrol trigger that provides power to connected auxiliary devices only when the photocontrol is in the ON position, a convenient implementation for nighttime applications